- November 3-4, 2012 – G20 Ministers of Finance Meeting, Mexico
- December 1, 2012 – Beginning of the Russian Presidency of G20
- December 12-13, 2012 – First public consultation between the Russian government, B20 Coalition and international civil society representatives on G20 agenda for 2013, Moscow, Russia
- June 20-22, 2013 – St Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF)
- September 5-6, 2013 – St Petersburg G20 Summit
The financial crisis that first rocked advanced economies in 2007, and whose aftershocks continue to reverberate around the world, mobilized G-20 policy makers to devise new rules aimed at mitigating risk in the global economy.